martianone

Bikes: recumbent & upright

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 31 Posts
KROIL = good

[QUOTE=beng1;22554159]

The best penetrating, rust and oxide dissolving product for this type of problem I know of is called Kroil. The last time I bought it was directly from the manufacturer and they sent me two pocket-sized cans of it, not spray but old-type metal cans with little caps. I used this to get a steel seat-post out of a steel lugged frame a couple years ago. I just put it around the joint of the two parts and it is amazing at creeping in by capillary action. I put it on, let it sit overnight, and tried moving the post. I did this about three days in a row and on the third day I was able to move the post a little so I put more on it and it got better, and after a few more days it came out with a little twisting and tapping.

KROIL, in my experience, works well - just have to wait for it and make sure it really flows on to the stuck parts - above advice is good.

If Kroil does not work after about a week of trying...... pee on it once a day for about a week - gently tap the tube each day with rubber mallet and carefully twist it with a pipe wrench.

If still stuck - probably not going to get it out........

Last edited by martianone; 06-26-22 at 05:13 AM. Reason: correct auto corrects