beng1
Banned

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Huh.

Back when I was drinking, I would pretty much drink anything that had alcohol in it. But I can’t say I ever recall ever drinking dumpster vodka. (I can’t definitively say it never happened, because you know, all the drinking.)
Anyone who drinks, can crack open any bottle of booze and tell it's legit by one good huff or taste. Methanol, wood alcohol or rubbing alcohol, does not taste good or the same. There was a bunch of unopened wine with the vodka, but it was in the sun and heat for I don't know how long and that is not friendly to wine, so I left it all. Plus I had about 15 miles including some steep trails and hiking before I got home and the huge vodka bottle was heavy and was not shaped for comfort in the messenger bag. I did once carry a full-sized stainless-steel car-muffler 25-miles in the same bag once though.

A few years ago I got two and a half bottles of Crown Royal out of an abandoned house downtown which had tax-stamps from 1960 on it. I tried it out and it was the best whiskey I ever had. A friend of mine did a shot and he said it was the best whiskey he ever had in his life. It was Crown Royal that was made at the real old original Canadian distilleries, not a corporate factory that pumps it out now like the garbage it is. I gave a bottle and a half to my friend and he drank it in a few days, I tucked the last bottle away for a special occasion.