View Single Post
Old 07-04-22, 06:47 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,935 Times in 1,763 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
The fact that you have an mtb saddle on there is news to me. Definitely jot an 'of course' moment for this guy. It looks like a saddle.
I haven't really considered saddles to be road or mtb. For that matter, cx and gravel also aren't saddle categories in my mind.

I don't know what makes a saddle be categorized as a road, cx, or mtb saddle. I figure the shapes are really in the end just different in order to accommodate each of our unique posteriors.
Well, that was a tongue in cheek comment mostly although it really is categorized as a MB saddle. I got it mainly because the yellow color with blue logo and trim matched the look of the bike. And the few Avocets I've have are all quite comfortable. For me saddles are defined by comfortable vs uncomfortable. Any other "label" doesn't matter.