View Single Post
Old 07-04-22, 11:11 AM
BiciMan

Bikes: '97 Bianchi CDI, '97 Specialized RockHopper, '13 Specialized Sirrus Pro, '13 Trek 8.5 DS, '13 BH EasyMotion NeoXtrem, '14 Trek Domane, '86 Schwinn AirDyne ;)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Schooner57
Worked for Boyes & Rosser as a student, summers 1976-9. Shop/warehouse was in Coquitlam BC; Stuart Boyes must be long gone by now, he was an old-style Empire-type businessman, had the demeanor of a retired military officer; I quite respected him. Guys like that put a lot of dinners on a lot of tables, paid my way thru Univ. The going joke was "who's Rosser?" - "the guy on the carton" (a 1950s b&w bike racer logo), we never knew. He had a coule of guys who knew what they were doing, an old wheelwright "Percy" who I recall breaking up fights between the young bucks, amazingly. He had a M/C division downtown New Westminster as well; in addition to bikes we carried pretty much everything you'd find in sporting goods at MEC nowadays. It was us vs. CCM vs. Gitane & Raleigh imports at the time; ours were coming in from Korea by '78.

Now... urbanista zemllatt.

/Schooner57
Nice contribution, Schooner!