Thread: tooth implant
View Single Post
Old 07-07-22, 02:56 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 654 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
I have no implants in my mouth. But I do have 2 bridges that have been in place since 1984. My dentist, recently retired, told me many times that I must have the world record for life span of that type of bridge, known as a Maryland bridge. I had another bridge that had to be removed due to recession of the gums around the anchor tooth. That tooth is also gone. I have 4 crowns that had to be replaced after 20 plus years. My youngest sister has been going through the process of implants, but one of them failed, so has to be redone. I did not say anything to her, but she is a smoker, and I suspect that could be the cause. I gave those up shortly after having all that dental work done. Velo Mule, I find it amazing that your Dad was able to have that work done at 94.
Yes, my family and I think even the Dentist and Oral Surgeon did too. But this is what he wanted based on his prior experience and the fact that he didn't want full dentures. We just went to Outback Steakhouse this past weekend. He had a steak. He eats whatever he wants.

Are Morse tapers also the same tapers that are used for tie rod ends, ball joints and flywheels on small engines? They lock in nice and proper.
Likes For Velo Mule: