Old 07-08-22, 11:57 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
I wouldn't take the week off before your century ride. Your body will lose a lot of any heat conditioning it has achieved. And you seem to have picked the rides that you really need to be at your best for heat as your initial exposure to century rides.

I do agree that at your current mileage per week you should be able to do a 100 mile ride. Though in this heat, make certain you are use to the heat. Your average speed though seems a tad slow for the heat. I usually want to be doing 16 mph plus when it's hot. But if you stay with a group of riders your speed will be higher and you'll use less energy. Just be sure you don't get with a group that is so fast that you are working to keep up with them.

If the rides take place early in the morning then the humidity might sap your energy. Be sure to have plenty to drink while you ride. 25 fluid oz bottles only last me 40 to 50 minutes in 95°F temps and less in 100°F temps.

Nothing wrong with doing a metric century.... 62.1 miles (100 km) for your first experiences with such events.
Likes For Iride01: