Old 07-08-22, 08:31 PM
steine13

Bikes: See my albums. I find that listing them here messes up searching.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 143 Posts
Mystery Trek in East Lansing, MI, offered for $225, which I think is optimistic. But it looks to be in good shape, and it's my size, and I'm still mad I didn't get the 620 from last year to work out.

Seller says:

Trek road bike, in excellent condition, with only very light use. Late-1980s model 24-inch (61-cm) aluminum frame (Reynolds 531) SunTour Cyclone front and rear derailleurs, with down-tube shifters SR crank (52x40), pedals, stem Rear 6-speed cassette (approx. 14x28) Dia-compe brakes Shimano hubs Rigida rims Water bottle cage Requires replacement handlebar tape and plugs, and brake-lever hoods (which are corroded, as is typical).

I'm thinking there is too much space between the tire and the seat tube for this to be anything but an 80s touring bike; the 531 fork makes me think 6xx or 7xx, and the lack of cantilevers makes me think no later than '84. Brakes are nutted -- didn't that stop before then? The monochrome color without panels would argue against high-end, though. So I really don't know.

Opinions, anyone? Thanks in advance!

It's on Nextdoor, so who knows if the link will work...
https://nextdoor.com/for_sale_and_fr...rch&query=bike

cheers -mathias