Old 07-08-22, 09:41 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
It's a brand name, much like Trek, Specialized, Cervelo, Pinarello, etc. Don't be a brand name snob. You'd be surprised at how many "name brands" are actually Chinese framesets with expensive paint jobs and decals on them.
Yoeleo, ICAN, Winspace, Elves are just some of the Chinese carbon framesets that would stack up against any of the "snob" names. I built up a bike with an ICAN frame and fork, Ultegra Di2, Boyd carbon wheels, Ritchey handlebars with internal wiring, and a few other goodies. It cost much less than a similarly equipped "brand name". I bet if you could somehow ride it blindfolded so you wouldn't be distracted by the decals on the downtube, you'd love it.
Ha, my main road bike has my name on it, my backup road bike is a quality steel frame built in '89 by an unknown contract manufacturer for REI, my gravel frame is from Fairlight, my old gravel frame thsts now commuter duty is from Black Mountain, and I just built a Brand X frame from wiggle for my oldest daughter.

I am hardly a name brand snob- most people wouldn't recognize any of those brands and I am quite comfortable with it.

I simply dislike the name 'yoeleo'. I am aware of how contract frame manufacturing works in the bike industry. I am aware some companies build for large brands and also have a marketed house brand.
None of that changes the fact that I just don't like that name. I don't know how to pronounce it and it means nothing to me. It's apparently a reference to the guy who started the company, named Leo. Name it Leostar or whatever else that's easier to pronounce.

Anyways, you missed the mark badly here. I have no issue with it being a brand from a contract manufacturer, I am hardly a popular name brand snob, and you picked the one negative comment I had out of a post that is otherwise very positive and supportive and ranted about that comment.
Likes For mstateglfr: