View Single Post
Old 07-18-22, 10:50 AM
etherhuffer 

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker,81 Fuji Gran Tour SE, 83 Fuji S12S LTD, Voyageur 11.8 chrome, Raleigh R300 Touring, Voyageur 11.8

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 503 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by WizardOfBoz
Be glad you can do that. My spouse is a physical therapist. There is a wave of long-covid people coming. It's not "just like a mild flu", but for vaccinated people it seems that its much more mild.
Good luck!
Paxlovid! This stuff is a miracle. Glad I was vaccinated, this is one mean virus. I am an eye doc and we are already seeing people come in quite debilitated from long covid and a range of neurological issues. People have no idea the long term cost burden this is throwing on the health care professions and the country. The death and retirement of docs is also causing huge problems. If your wife has an interest in really good virology news, have her look up Daniel Griffin MD on This Week in Virology. I have followed TWiV for 2 years now. The virologists are harder to follow without a BS in Micro/Immu/Virology, but the clinical updates are far more clear than most public messaging. Podcasts or YouTube
Likes For etherhuffer: