JacobLee 
Total Scrounge

Bikes: 71 International 72 Super Course 83 Gap

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 310 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
I have friends that make fun of me because I don't get along with Strats. I've just never been able to get comfortable with them. My wife had a nice Strat (that currently lives with the little boy), and I spent a lot of time trying to get it. Truth be told, I don't really get along with Telecasters either- but it was much easier to rearrange the switching on the Tele. So I'm glad to see you've got the controls set up for you- it makes sense.

My Telecaster is an early 90s Foto-Flame. I just got it as a cheap Japanese Tele- it had this garish clown burst with the totally unbelievable Foto-Flame veneer under it. It was a cheap Japanese guitar- so I sanded it down and spray painted it Krylon Almond. (of course those are $1000 guitars these days... But the veneer looks really good on the neck. It's wired sorta like a Flying V or something. Bridge volume, neck tone in the middle, neck volume- with a 3 position up/down toggle. I dislike the blade switch. Since this pic was taken (years ago), I've replaced the plate with a blank plate so no extraneous holes and bends...

That Krylon almond looks good. I'm gonna have to look up foto-flame; sounds awful!

I feel lucky that my guitar curiosity was extinguished as soon as I owned a strat, a tele, a good acoustic, and a Fender Super 112 that I bought off my college roommate. I wish it were the same with bikes!