Old 07-22-22, 07:26 AM
reroll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by thehammerdog
fearing that it maybe time to sell my beloved steeds old with rim breaks to begin the Next phase in cycling.

Read that many will not build rim break bicycles. I love my bikes...feeling sadder older broker...
I earlier posted on this thread that this switchover from rim to disc brakes is an industry thing. Industry is a business which goes to wherever there is available money and a switchover from rim to disc brakes became a huge marketing opportunity.

Disc brakes certainly do have their needed uses, but actually by far not everybody needs all of what disc brakes can do. For instance, Europe and North America could be seen as the core of a Western bicycle market, yet then there are so many other regions around the world which have bicycle needs and priorities other than those of the Western bicycle market, the largest such group being in Asia, and so there would also be an Eastern bicycle market too.

That Eastern market is heavily reliant on rim brakes including many millions upon many millions of rim brake bicycle users and so rather than feel as though rim brakes would be going away, have a look at the Eastern bicycle market and see what sorts of bikes with rim brakes those riders are using. That can be done right here, online, the only language you would need to speak is bicycle language and any details can get worked out after that. Yes, have a look and see what they are doing!

By the way, some of those Eastern bicycle dealers can be found right here in Europe and North America.

Last edited by reroll; 07-22-22 at 07:59 AM.