View Single Post
Old 07-26-22, 01:49 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 239 Posts
I took advantage of the great weather today to undertake a ride I have had in mind for awhile: Arlington to the Bruce Freeman via the MM, Bedford Depot, the Reformatory Branch Trail, and local streets. I rode to the end of the RBT at Lowell Rd, as usual. Then I used Lowell Rd, Barrett's Mill Rd and Strawberry Hill Rd to make my way over to Great Road (Rt 119) Acton and the BFRT access point at Brook St. I've driven Strawberry Hill Rd on a number of occasions, but this was my first time traversing it on a bike. It's a lot of fun! A few moderately challenging climbs and a couple fast twisty descents. You don't get that on the MM!

The BFRT Brook St information kiosk:

I rode East on the BFRT to the current endpoint near Wetherbee St. The bridge over Rt 2 is not open yet:

At that point I was showing 20 plus a smidge miles for the day, so I decided that was a good time to head back.

I took a break at a favorite spot on the RBT overlooking Great Meadows:

When I got home I was at 40 miles (plus 2 smidges). That's the longest I have ridden in some time. I am hoping to repeat this with a longer run on the BFRT and make a half-century out of it.

All-in-all a good day. Now if only the RBT connected to the BFRT in West Concord and the MCRT went all the way from Cambridge to western MA. We can dream...

Tom

Last edited by bike_tom; 07-26-22 at 02:06 PM.
Likes For bike_tom: