Old 07-27-22, 05:36 AM
Joe F

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX-7 29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 14 Posts
I mountain bike and do an Intermittent Fasting 18:6 lifestyle. I typically ride in the mornings while in a fasted state. I rode as normal the morning of the prep day before my procedure last week. 90min or so in a HIIT like riding pattern. I stayed well hydrated the rest of the day and drank more than I normally would, adding in some electrolytes (Smart Water). The only side effect I had was that I usually eat my daily main meal at around 2PM and was pretty hungry by late afternoon. I started my prep at 4PM with the second round at 8PM. I was "empty" by 9PM'ish and other than still feeling hungry, had a great night's sleep. I had my procedure the following day. I was put under with Propofol. All I remember is being wheeled into the procedure room and then later waking up back in recovery. I took it easy that day, eating a light meal a few hours after I got home. I did fly around the house a bit expelling some residual air. I rode again the next morning with no issues and no decrease in performance. Good for another 7 years!

Last edited by Joe F; 07-27-22 at 05:39 AM.