Old 07-27-22, 10:52 AM
luns

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR600

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

This pump was called either the Silca Magnum, or the Magnum Force. I've seen it in your blue, and in white. All the white version pumps I've seen were labelled as Magnum Force, while none of the Blue ones were. There was a little blurb about the Magnum on the Bikepro page: Silca Bicycle Floor Pump, 2015

Silca Magnum Force

Some of these pumps had a more MTB appropriate gauge on them, but not with the Silca label. I've also seen a Silca-labelled gauge on another white magnum force, but as with yours, it also had the normal Pista's pressure range.

lower pressure gauge

unlabelled gauge

I suspect the blue hose on your pump may actually have been original from Silca. Not all pumps shipped with the black hose, with some Pistas having had coloured transparent hoses with the Silca labelling. There were certainly pumps sold with blue hose too - just look at the Pista in the BikePro page I linked earlier. I think light blue is the standard colour for Oxygen hose in UK if not all of Europe (as opposed to green here in the US). As with the pressure gauge, Silca probably ordered it off the shelf without customization for pumps they put out in lower quantity.
I think the blue goes well with your pump colour, though the ribbed black hose is perfectly appropriate too.

There was one other MTB oriented pump, Terra, art 77.30. This was the same handle and triangular plastic base as the last Italian-made Super Pistas, but again with a larger diameter barrel. I haven't seen one close enough to confirm for sure, but I'm pretty sure it has the same step down to a 30mm OD at the very bottom as your pump. In fact, the last Italian-made Pistas even did the same thing, having a 30mm ID aluminum tube, with a step at the bottom instead of the old 28mm ID steel.

http://www.bikepartsplace.com/discou...or-pump-terra/

Silca Terra

Last edited by luns; 07-27-22 at 05:58 PM.