View Single Post
Old 07-28-22, 07:34 PM
pinholecam

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Falconista
I wasn't making any claims on nostalgia, just that it works for me. Agreed that it is a little heavy, especially the cheaper TSR frames, but I made it clear that I am not putting major power down and rarely mash it to the finish line to beat the peloton. The OP was looking for a stiff bike that was supple and where foldability was useful but not the primary concern. I still think the Moulton is a potential contender for the OP, and I definitely stick with my view that some of the stiff aluminium frames are harsh to ride.

I am aware that you had a TSR in the past. I can't remember if it was this forum but your excellent review of the bike and the upgrades tipped me into getting one! I even copied your upgrades
Agree. Its really a great bike for cruising at a good speed (maybe the best small wheeled bike I've ridden for this )
My use case is odd of course (dueling it out with road bikes on the Sunday rides as well as the usual small wheel bike roles ).

As for alu being harsh, what I find can be done is to soften up the contact points.
Double padded bar tape, flexy/suspension seatpost, saddle, less tire pressure.
Some bikes make it harder than others of course (eg. seat post that don't have much to flex due to post clamp to saddle distance too short )