View Single Post
Old 07-29-22, 06:00 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by gecho
Now that I think about it perhaps the "walking" the course on my 830 is related to me having Recalculation disabled. I typically want to run a course exactly as plotted. If I do deviate from a course I'll manually rejoin it without the Garmin coming up with a way to rejoin the course that might skip large sections.
With the 1040 this is much simpler now. When you deviate from a course, it will give the option to pause or recalculate. If you pause navigation, it won't do anything until you rejoin the course and then it will pick back up navigating. If you select recalculation it will try to get you back to the course at the point you deviated or at some point further along in the course. I can't really say why it does one or the other, but I've noticed that it is variable. Generally, however, I just pause, and let it pick up once I get back on track, so to speak. I suspect that the likely next gen Edge 8xx and 5xx will do this as well.
Likes For Badger6: