View Single Post
Old 08-01-22, 06:36 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked 711 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by AlgarveCycling
You really need to read all my posts here to see where I'm coming from since you failed to get the gist - we aren't disagreeing in the general sense but I am saying that it isn't a rule and I did take into account surface area which is why I mentioned how sprinting changes things. But, yeah, skim reading and making assumptions isn't worth a debate if that's what you are going to do.

Remco is much smaller than you but would leave you for dead in a TT. He isn't alone, you get some fantastic small riders on the flat. Some really big riders can beat the climbers. It just isn't true that larger guys will always beat smaller guys on the flat. Nope.

Sure, everything depends on the particular case. However, ceterus peribus, ( google,it if you need to) bigger riders produce more power to surface volume, than smaller riders. Obviously there our outliers, but most of 100 years of racing history shows that relatively large guys do better sprinting and flat TTS and smaller guys climb better.

Also, if you want me read your entire post, work on the editing and presentation, not meant people have the patience for block text these days.[/QUOTE]
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.