Old 08-04-22, 11:51 AM
Sapperc

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SL4 Comp, Trek 930, Nishiki International

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Karno86 View Post
Hello, I have an option of getting Scott foil 2018. That said I am an mountain biker only getting in to road cycling. I am not getting endurance bike, period I was looking at light/race bikes but stumbled on Foil. How much is Foil different in postion/comfort compared to example tarmac sl? (I read that year foil is quite comfortable for aero bike)
Im guessing from the lack of response, no one wants to state the obvious, but Iíll bite.

Position has to do with how you set the bike up for yourself. As far as actual geometry differences, look up the specs for the size frame that fits you. Keep in mind all road race frames are designed to be nimble and quick. Differences between race frame geometry tend be be a matter of personal preference. Racers win with Scott and Specialized frames. Actually pretty much every race frame ever ridden by a capable racer. Any good, properly set up and maintained road bike will go as far as you are able to ride.

Comfort again depends on how you set the bike up and what your expectations are.

You really need to test ride that Scott or any other bike you plan to buy to see if it fits and whether or not it meets your expectations.

Good luck and​​​​​​ ​Happy cycling!
Likes For Sapperc: