View Single Post
Old 08-04-22, 04:02 PM
buddiiee 

Bikes: 70's Nuovo Record Jeunet Franche Compte, '88 105 Trek 1200, '85 Victory Bianchi Vittoria, '89 Exage Bianchi Strada LX, '11 Shimano Masi Partenza

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by james89
(just so we're all on the same page here - I HATE scammers and everything about them), but maybe this guy is in the same boat that I am. I have a few questions on a Trek I recently purchased and want to make a thread to show it and get some advice, but sometimes forums can make it difficult to even get the ball rolling. When I first tried to make a thread, I couldn't - I was told I have to have at least 10 posts. When I tried getting my posts up, I couldn't - I was told I can't make more than 5 in a day. On the second day, I tried making 5 more posts, I couldn't. Even though it was after 24 hours, it said I needed to wait 24 hours. When I tried replying with a quote that included an image, I couldn't - I needed to get back to my 10 word-only replies. If this guys really a scammer, have at em'! If he's dealing with what I've been dealing with - give him a break.

To answer his question - take care of your bike and it will take care of you - clean your chain.
Post counts and post content is completely different. I've already chased 3 scammers out of here, and they were all totally identical in nature; all their content was SUPER broad and SUPER vague. There was never any real substance about ANY of their posts. I could describe it more accurately but I dont want to give any tips to these guys. Every single one of their posts were "What's your favorite seat?" , "How much do you like your bike?" or "Yea,I agree!" I was born at night but not last night. I know when someone's just full of ****. You can also tell that English is a second language for them by how simple they keep their grammar and sentence structure. It's just obvious...