View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 02:02 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18394 Post(s)
Liked 15,467 Times in 7,308 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
As it happens, my dog is a retired Greyhound, and to adopt him I had to sign a contract stating I would never let him off leash in any area not fully enclosed. Which I wouldn't anyway, because he can reach 40 mph in 3 bounds. I'd never catch him.
Oh man. Flashback to when I was younger. Some friends of ours went to Denmark to visit relatives. My mom agreed to take in their retired racer while they were gone. There was a cat that lived next door. He liked to come into our house. I came home one afternoon while my mom was walking to dog. The cat snuck in behind me. Didn’t think twice. I was on the couch watching baseball when my mom came home with the dog and unleashed it. Dog came into the living room from the sun porch and it was on. We had 16 steps to the second floor. The cat took off. I swear old Jack the dog made it to the top of the staircase touching only once. My mom yelled “Jack!” We went upstairs, Jack had cornered the cat against my sister’s bedroom door. It was right out of Wild Kingdom. Flight mode had turned into fight mode. The cat had its back hunched, tail up, teeth showing and was hissing. Jack was like “Just give me the word and I’ll take care of this.”