View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 03:21 PM
Bug Shield

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
I have experience with Tubus Logo, Vega, and Tara racks -- none stainless -- used with Ortlieb and Arkel panniers. I love the Vega for its elegant simplicity, like the Logo for the ability to move the load back on a bike with short chainstays, and do not like the Tara as well but still bought a second one for another bike. The exceptionally thick tubing of the Tara doesn't fit the hooks of my Front Roller Plus panniers very well but works alright with my Back Packer Classics. I think there is a larger hook available but I have not purchased a set yet. I often prefer to run my Arkel T42 panniers on the Tara BUT occasionally get excited and drag one on the ground when cornering. I have thankfully not snagged one on anything and caused a crash this way.

I feel like I can vouch for the durability of all these racks having hauled a years-worth of groceries on them 50-60lbs at a time. I also commuted for several years with the Logo/Vega on a route that included a few miles of unmaintained ranch roads. Nothing has broken on any of them.