View Single Post
Old 08-08-22, 12:40 PM
brian44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 30 Posts
Playing around with fit...

Last match sprint session, my front end was super twitchy and completely unstable when out of the saddle for an effort. Honestly, the setup has always felt unstable, but I chalked it up to user error. I'm on an XL Planet X Koichi San ii frame (~58cm effective TT) with a 140mm stem (bar reach 104mm). After messing around on other people's bikes (Large Argon18 Electron Pro and 60cm Felt TK FRD...I believe both had 150mm stems), they felt much more stable. Anyway...long story short, I threw on a 160mm stem after taking some measurements, and the result is in the linked YouTube video below. I'm trying to avoid buying a new frame right now...I think it would end up in a divorce .

Relevant antropometrics: 1.83m tall; 75 kg

Since I do mass-start and sprint events, I am trying to create a do-it-all position. This probably means that all positions will be suboptimal, but it's what I have to work with right now.

As cringy as this is for me...below is a YouTube link to a few positions on the "new" setup:

I tried to keep my hands and arms as relaxed as possible...any comments or suggestions on improvement are welcome.

Here is the "old" setup for reference (140mm stem; different bars...saddle height might be a little higher).

- Brian

Last edited by brian44; 08-08-22 at 02:44 PM.