View Single Post
Old 08-11-22, 05:27 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Clearly not all the parts are Campy NR. Those are Shimano bar end shifters for example. An original Campy bike would not come with Shimano shifters. Get the serial number and look it up if you want to know model/year. Vintage Trek site has all the serial numbers listed.

Looks like a parts bin build to me. Black brake calipers would not be on a bike with silver components. Brake levers look like Tetras, but I could be wrong. Trek decal does not look original to bike. Could still be a fine bike.

On size, I have zero to negative standover (very short legs, long torso). Yet my saddles are not slammed. Are you extending your legs in the downstroke while pedaling? I see people who have the saddle too low for riding, but just right for touching the ground. Seat height should be based on feet on pedals, not the ground. I can't reach the ground if I am on the saddle. No problem, I lean the bike over to one side. Problem solved.

Decades of riding motorcycles (where I couldn't reach the ground either) taught me to lean the bike to one side, and only putting one foot down.

Last edited by wrk101; 08-11-22 at 05:39 PM.