View Single Post
Old 08-15-22, 04:52 PM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1,562 Times in 756 Posts
Originally Posted by bulgie
Nice!

I've always wondered, are those supposed to patriotic-looking? As we all know, the French flag is blue, white and red. There's no white stripe on the handle, but maybe they're using polished aluminum color as a stand-in for white? The older Ad-Hoc brand pump (that Ventolux is shamelessly copying) also had blue and red stripes on polished alloy. Example here.

Note, if you have an Ad-Hoc, even dented and un-usable, don't thow it away, there are people who'll buy it in any condition. They aren't better than a Ventolux or Zefal or whatever, just rare and "collectable". I have an Ad-Hoc and a Ventolux for my old French bike, and I use the Vento when I take that bike out; the Ad-Hoc is too $$ to risk it in the Real World.

I love Peter Weigle's playful faux-repro decal that says "Oh Hec". He has put it on the modified Lezyne pump on at least one his über-detailed custom bikes.

Mark B
Interesting! My PX-10 had the top-tube clamp-on pump pegs, but alas, no pump... I wonder if it had an Ad-Hoc originally. I've got one of the Lezynes now, and they're pretty good pumps. Will they still function in 40-50-60 years?

I actually think the red and blue plastic bits are kinda goofy..... and they're cracked and barely holding on, so probably won't last long!

And... is there anything Weigle does that isn't love-worthy (bicycle-wise, I mean.... well, and with Volvo 122s, too..... and his boat is kinda neat, too.....)?

Last edited by ehcoplex; 08-15-22 at 05:17 PM.