Old 08-15-22, 09:05 PM
Gary Fountain

Bikes: Colnago (82, 85, 89, 90, 91, 96, 03), 85 Cinelli, 90 Rossin, 83 Alan, 82 Bianchi, 78 Fountain, 2 x Pinarello, Malvern Star (37), Hillman (70's), 80's Beretto Lo-Pro Track, 80's Kenevans Lo-Pro, Columbus Max (95), DeGrandi (80's) Track.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 124 Posts
Hi Peroni, the extra photos of the Supercorsa are lovely. At a quick glance it looks to be mostly kitted out with Campy Super Record except for the front derailleur which is Nuovo Record. Nothing wrong with that though. I think the only difference between the Nuovo and Super Record front derailleurs is that the Super Record had black anodised arms. I have resorted to painting these in the past.

The alloy bodied Super Record headsets have always suffered with pitting of the races. I have often popped a cup out of the frame and turned it a little to get a bit more life out of the headset. It is really annoying to have the steering 'notch' into place and not be free to turn with smoothness. I like the old steel Nuovo Record headsets better. But, on an all Super Record bike I kinda stick with a Super Record headset. The newer C-Record headsets suffer from the same problem with the balls indenting the race.

As for the rear hub races - they can be replaced but I too would just change the ball bearings and go with that. If it is not ridden much that fix would be quite okay.

In my feeble mind, a Cinelli bike is the 'ultimate' and the 80's versions of the Supercorsa are the next best thing to owning a Cino Cinelli era frame.

SORRY Robvolz for being an accessory in this hijacking of your thread - sorry.

Last edited by Gary Fountain; 08-15-22 at 09:12 PM.