Thread: CR list?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-22, 12:30 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4509 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
Classic Rendezvous (CR) is a Google group based on vintage bikes built before 1984. Bike Forums Classic and Vintage (BF C&V) serves pretty much the same population, and many of us post on both sites. The biggest difference is that CR is heavily moderated, you have to use your full name and location, and you'd better not post pix of bikes with clipless pedals, index shifting, etc. I like to think of CR as a wine bar (classy, perhaps a bit snooty), whereas I think of BF C&V as a dive bar (most anything goes, but more egalitarian). Heck, people post pix of their carbon fiber bikes here from time to time here. There are some very knowledgable old timers that post on CR that aren't on BF.

Are you missing another cool vintage bike site? Yeah, go check it out.
Originally Posted by john903
Thanks for the replies. Ok that expains it. Yes it is a cool site as well. @gugie I like your analogies of the too. It's funny because last Saturday two of our places we like to visit were closed or didn't open until 3:00. We were walking past an old dive looking bar and thought what the heck lets check them out. Guess what we had a great time hanging out talking, drinking a good beer and playing the CD juke box and generally having fun. So yes I totally get what you mean.

Have a great day, and bike ride. I am putting my fenders back on my bike today. I think it is going to be an early fall.
As many of us know, a lot can be said for getting down and dirty in the trenches just as much so as being fully ridged can be the ultimate baseline to draw inspiration from.

As of right now there are hundreds of knats azz correct C+V bikes lined up as far as the eye can see in Auburn IN at the biggest bike show there is likely to be for awhile.

Should have gone and will be kicking myself for a long time having not gone.

That being said, I have little to no desire to go down the all Campy, fully correct like most every other top of line classic bike, there are 10's of 1000's of those already that never get ridden and can only be drooled over.

I get it and appreciate the time, effort, $$$$$ and energy it takes to get them right but they can be the ones to carry that torch and I will do it my way, for me and they can look away if they need to.