View Single Post
Old 08-29-22, 03:10 PM
Champlaincycler

Bikes: 2018 Diverge Comp, 2016 Specialized SL4 Comp,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 38 Posts
I did have it in my elbow. Before my gout diagnosis , caused by a very swollen knee, I'd had a swollen, reddened, and warm right elbow off and on for a bit. Figured it was from ageing and use but hindsight says that was not so. My left elbow had your balloon shape for a bit after I slipped and brushed the concrete floor, and I've noticed that same elbow look on others with gout. For me, gout first manifested in joints I'd previously injured and the older you get the more of those there are. So, elbow, knee, ankle. Later, when given medication that releases the crystals and makes things worse for a few months, I did have issues with my left foot. I've 3 older brothers that have gout (yes it can be genetic,not diet related) so I'd been asking my Dr. to do a uric acid test yearly and I was always on the high end of normal, but still acceptable range, not to worry he'd say. Happened anyway. Now on Allopurinol and have not worried about gout for quite some time. Again, I'm no Dr. and this could be irrelevent to your case, but that's a familiar looking elbow you have. Best of luck,