urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
I had never considered that being dressed in cycling gear while cycling triggers anger in drivers. Oh well, hatred is illogical.
I dress in construction refector vests and T-shirts so I look like one of them. Plus I carry a big pannier full of stuff giving the impression I'm going somewhere instead of just riding around. Don't know if that has any neutralizing effect but my rear facing camera sure helps.
I formed that conclusion when a driver yelled at me that "You cyclists run red lights and cut us off!" I was initially confused because I was alone and had been adhering to all laws the whole ride. He obviously lumped me in with some other (rear or hypothetical) cyclists whom I may have never ridden with. Guilt by association. The irony came when I tossed it back at him with "Well, you drivers constantly roll red lights and cut off cyclists" and he got offended and said "Maybe some do, but I don't".

I wonder if people even know I'm riding with cameras. They're not very large and are also lights.

Last edited by urbanknight; 08-30-22 at 01:14 PM.
Likes For urbanknight: