Old 09-05-22, 03:17 AM
tangerineowl

Bikes: Curve Grovel v2 ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by ericlowney
So the bike is, in fact, a 24.5", good eyes on that. The seat post is as high as it is, because that is where I need it to be for my leg to have a slight bend at the bottom of the pedal stroke. I couple of updates I've done the bike since my last update:

- kept the bars/stem/hoods in place as it feels comfortable now
- updated the BB to an IRD QB-95
- updated the crankset to a FC-7410
- updated the RD to a RD-7402
- updated the FD to a FD-7400
- I am currently building a set of wheels on Shimano 600 FH-6401 rear (ultraglide/hyperglide compatible 7sp) and HB-6400. I picked Pacenti brevet rims and Sapim laser spokes. Rene herse 700c 32c (Stampede Pass) extralight cased tires.
--- side note, my frame is 118mm spacing so keeping it at 126mm (which is where it has been with the 27 1-1/4" wheels) because I do not want to spread it any further (i.e. 130mm)

I've been doing a lot of research and still am not sure what I want, but trying to keep an eye out for a slightly smaller, high quality frame that I can move all of the new Shimano components over to. Raleigh International, Schwinn Paramount, certain model/year Miyatas, etc. I think a 60cm or maybe even a 58cm would be a better fit for me. Still open to recommendations on frames, I've been on a couple of 40+ miles group rides and shaving down some weight would be a welcomed bonus! It's not easy for me to keep up with the carbon bikes
A while back on ebay there was a higher-end old steel Serotta that had a custom-geo frame which would have fit you well.
Back in the day many/most? of these were custom geo and tubing to suit rider weight.

Last edited by tangerineowl; 09-05-22 at 03:18 AM. Reason: txt