Old 09-05-22, 02:31 PM
Andy Antipas 

Bikes: too many old steel bikes

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 937 Times in 176 Posts
For Sale: 1957 Peugeot PL-50 Randonneur

Simply put I have too many bicycles, and the time has come to thin the herd. I enjoy riding and restoring them, and I'm out of room. I bought this bicycle off French eBay and I finished restoring it in March of 2021. It has a handful of miles on it since I finished the restoration riding the 1/2 mile from my house to the mailbox and back. When I got it the entire bike was coated in latex house paint, which was a mess to clean off. I had the frame, fork and rear rack powder coated in a tan color that matched the paint on the fork steerer. I sourced decals from Greg Softley in Oz, and I painted the head lugs and box lining myself. I replaced the rusty cottered crank with a Stronglight 49d with 45/32 chainrings. When I purchased the bicycle it had an early Simplex Presitge rear derailleur and I replaced it with the correct Simplex Grand Touring bell-crank style derailleur. The front "suicide" derailleur is original to the bike. The original hubs and rims were beyond repair and I built a new set of wheels around Normandy Competition hubs, Velo-Orange 650b rims, and Sapian spokes, and 42mm Panaracer Parimoto tires. I also replaced the steel bar and stem with aluminum stem and bars. The lights and generator operate as they should. Everything has been apart reassembled and properly adjusted with fresh grease, bearings, cables, tape, etc. The frame measures 57cm center to top with a 57cm top tube center to center. The weight as shown is 29 pounds. $750 plus "Ship Bikes" to the lower 48 only. Thanks for looking and reasonable offers considered.

Last edited by Andy Antipas; 09-05-22 at 02:39 PM. Reason: forgot to include frame size