View Single Post
Old 09-06-22, 11:34 PM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 474 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
Ha, I had a Cannondale some years back, with a sticker from Island Triathlon & Bike. I forget the model right now, but it was the road bike with a headshock, in a bright yellow. 😎

Congrats on that BG, looks like a keeper. 👍

That's a crazy looking seat lug, alright. 😁
TY! Ya and apparently silver brazed? It's possible IT&B had the connections to order it in, but I'm wondering if the owner brought it out to Hawaii. The folks were from the continent (mainland) but nowhere near California.

Originally Posted by merziac
Oh boy, you a lucky one.

Great score, well done, a BG in Hawaii, H**Y CRAP!

Not a leap of course but I will go on record saying you're going to love this as I do mine.

It flies down the road even with my lard azz on it despite being quite small, some kind of odd criterium? like geometry, fantastic riding for me.

So it,

And this,

Begat this.

Dave Levy at TiCyles used those two to build this one and incorporate some other key elements as well.

Got some of the best attributes of three of the best builders for another even more phenomenal riding bike.
WOW. Sounds like a dream.

Originally Posted by SoccerBallXan
I'm really enjoying the seat cluster and what I can make of the bottom bracket arrangement. Enjoy!
Ya! I'm looking forward to checking it out more in detail.

Originally Posted by verktyg
Beautiful color!

CAVEAT! Those Specialized Armadillos are slightly worse riding than solid rubber forklift tires!

They came on a Bianchi I bought and I had to cut them off the rims!

verktyg
Haha, I'm marginally familiar. The last pair (off the Ron Cooper tall tall frame) were splitting at the sidewalls and I was tempted to cut the beads off.

Perhaps the best part of these tires is that they keep form long after they're flat

Great for skid stopping a fixed bike...hard as a rock, real fun in the rain.

Originally Posted by P!N20
@bulgie to the rescue!

Great find. I've got those rims on my Kypo - I see your Mavic decals are peeling off too! I can't find any replacements.

Interesting if it's from '85 it still has Portacatena holes in the dropout, guess Bruce had a few lying around.
Thanks for chiming in! And TY bulgie for the scans.

I was wondering if those were for a Portacena setup. Gosh, I'm chuffed for finding this one.
Likes For billytwosheds: