View Single Post
Old 09-07-22, 09:39 PM
Inisfallen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Actually 746 is one horse power. A 5 horse electric motor would be rather huge, and so would the battery to run it.

As far as electric bikes, what is the big deal. I dont get my underlovelies in a huge wad because an electric bike passes me.
I don't know what the horsepower measurements are for the various kinds of ebikes, scooters, internal combustion scooters, and actual motorcycles competing for bicycles on the bike paths of my city, and I don't really care. I can see what their capabilities are, and that's what informs my opinion.

And I don't think I'm unreasonably objecting to sharing the greenways and bike paths with motorcycles, scooters and mopeds (especially when they're unregistered and uninsured, and operated by people who don't care about such niceties as going in the right direction, or using lights at night).

You many not be aware of just how crowded the paths are in this densely populated city of nine million people. We shouldn't have to compete for the paths designated specifically (and exclusively) for bicycles. Many of those using (or more accurately abusing) our bike paths are riding vehicles that can, and should, travel in the much greater amount of space allocated to motor vehicles. Because, of course, they are motor vehicles.

It is a big deal, and it's getting really dangerous.
Likes For Inisfallen: