View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 02:51 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked 553 Times in 299 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
This is the most insightful thing you've said. If I rode like you ride, I wouldn't use clipless, either. If you rode like I ride, you wouldn't do so without clipless pedals, either.

Yet you insinuate that the majority of us are only buying in to hype, fashion and/or the emulation or pros. Seems awfully judgy to me.
I made the attempt to use "clipless" pedals. The fact is the data doesn't support the efficiency argument. Not my opinion, but studies by people that live and breathe cycling. So that leaves really only two viable arguments. 1) you feel more in control and stable being clipped in. That's a valid observation, and I respect that. 2) you're buying all the kit to look like the "big boys". If that's your thing, that's fine too. I don't know why you choose to and I don't care. But you're inferring that I'm judging everybody against the gotta-have-the-gear standard. I'm not. That may be a factor, but it's not a deciding factor.

And the fact that so many of you have your panties in a wad over my opinion does speak to the issue all by itself.