Thread: Mexico City
View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 10:54 PM
urbanescapee

Bikes: 2011 Raleigh Sojourn, 2012 Marin Four Corners, 2013 Soma Saga, 2014 Scott Spark 940, 2017 Brompton H6E, 2016 Trek FX 7.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mexico City

Wifey and I are planning a trip to Mexico City this November. We like to bring our folding bikes on our travels when it seems like they can enhance our experience and it’s not too inconvenient. So far it seems like Mexico City has some pretty good bike infrastructure and public transit (both better than the average US city). So I’m leaning towards bringing the bikes. My concerns are, naturally, with so much sightseeing, how likely are our bikes to be stolen if they’re locked up with a decent u-lock for a few hours at a tourist destination/market/restaurant? Also, has anyone else traveled to CDMX and found that having bikes either improved or detracted from the visit? For reference, I’m not a day-long endurance rider who goes for a long ride just for the sake of riding. I ride the bike to get places and see/do things in ways you can’t using other modes of transport. I understand bike shares and rentals are probably an option but I hate dealing with those (always thinking about how much the ride is costing, when and where to pick up and return, and poorly maintained poor quality bikes are no fun to ride).

Last edited by urbanescapee; 02-09-24 at 04:59 PM.