Old 09-11-22, 11:32 AM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 151 Posts
Excellent ideas

Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir;[url=tel:22643357
22643357[/url]]I clamp an old wooden broom handle in my Feedback Sports Ultralight work stand, rotate the clamp so that the broom handle is horizontal (and parallel to the ground). I drape the chain over the broom handle and drag the chain over the broom handle while holding both ends of the chain. Flip chain over and repeat.

I wax the chain with the quick link separately attached, by looping a wire (from the inside of a twist tie) around the groove near the protruding end of the pin. But next time I will just wax the chain with the quick link closed.

A little wax is not going to prevent the quick link from locking if you use this tool: Amazon.com : Super B 2-in-1 Master Link Pliers (The Trident) : Sports & Outdoors

Some fall off. Some stick to the RD pulleys but is easy to brush off if the bike is on the stand.
I actually used a park tool quick link tool and could not close them until scraping wax from the holes and crevices of the locking mechanism.

I like your idea about waxing with the quick links on the chain that might work better