Old 09-13-22, 07:50 AM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 1,842 Times in 830 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
I continually see good mid tier vintage MTBs in the $50 to $100 range. I even see some of the better stuff at $100.

Are you selling on FB marketplace? Around here, FB marketplace is awful for sellers, great for buyers. Its hard to navigate, bikes show up in a lot of different categories. C/L continues to do somewhat better for sellers.

For this reason, I have not bought a bike off C/L in a few years, but I routinely find them on FB marketplace.

Be sure to check your "competition" (other sellers in your price range). Bike size should be a plus in a college town, I would have expected it to sell at the $125 mark.

Great pictures and a good ad matter too, as well as proximity to buyers. A lot of buyers won't drive 10 miles. To overcome that hurdle, I offer to meet at a convenient location in my ad ("can meet at the university union, or whatever).
both fb and cl. crazy thing is I sold a huffy woman's bike cruiser for more than that and only saved the buyer around $50 over what they could buy it new at walmart for. I had several responses to that ad and both listed at the same time and same places.