View Single Post
Old 09-14-22, 07:09 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
Same with the front light, I never found one of those to be useful during the daytime (a rear light might be a good idea for busy or narrow roads in daylight).
I got to ask, what's with the cameras front and rear? That seems like overkill to me. If I felt a road was that dangerous I wouldn't be riding on it.
Being struck from behind on a "safe" back road in the middle of the day and ending up in an ambulance will tend you make you a bit paranoid. The more lights you have, the more visible you are. When I was hit, I had a flashing front white light, and a large flashing rear red light. When the driver was stopped (he tried to run at first, but was chased down by a witness in the car following his) he told the LEO the usual - "I didn't see him". The LEO looked at my bike (lights were still flashing) and immediately wrote him up.
I added the cameras just in case someone else decides to pull a hit and run, or harasses me (I had someone roll coal on me.) Video evidence can be crucial in those cases.
Likes For Bald Paul: