Old 09-18-22, 09:26 AM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by holytrousers
If you are a car lover, what has actually kept you car free for 30 years?
Cars cost a lot of money to maintain. I don't like to spend my money that way. Since I'm getting "older" having a car at hand allows me some nice rest days if needed. Getting to doctor appointments is easier. Cycling in my area has become even crazier than when I was young and carefree thanks to cell phone use and giant vehicles like pickup trucks that have become fashionable along with SUV "station wagons" that moms use for hauling around a couple kids.

Basically, after 30 years I just "gave up" the fight. Not worth it anymore.

Originally Posted by holytrousers
And if you love cars, why call yourself car free, shouldn't you be rather calling yourself car less?
Only because the name of this message board is "Living Car Free". So to hang out with like-minded souls I refer to not owning or having 24-7 access to a car to be Car Free. I'm not offended by what other people call it or think about it. We all have our OPINIONS, and mine is worth exactly what I'm charging you for it.

Even though I have joined the ranks of "cagers" once again I feel I still have much to add to this place for those interested in ditching the car, or thinking about getting one.

Cheers!
Likes For JoeyBike: