View Single Post
Old 09-21-22, 08:34 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by TimmyT
Bill, are you generally going to estate/tag sales and reselling? What is your business model?

1. you have to continually look for new sources as it changes over time. Estate sales are rare for me, tend to have high prices.

2. the more categories you master, the better you do. If you just look for one category, you are going to spend a lot of time and money on gas, hoping to find something. Meanwhile, you will walk right past deals in categories you don’t know. I’ve been doing more books lately. Yes, they sell SLOW. But it’s not unusual to get 25x to 100x on your items. Book pickers rely on the ISBN bar code on newer books. No barcode, and they have no idea. I pretty much ONLY buy books that don’t have a barcode. Little to no competition from other pickers, and less competition from other sellers!!!

3. I’m always looking for new outlets too. EBay carries a big stick and can (and does) ban sellers at any time!