View Single Post
Old 09-22-22, 10:33 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I used to disagree, but now agree.

The only person that truly knows if they're still doing the 150w on the ebike outside of a controlled study or experiment is the person riding the ebike.

It's 100% true it can benefit folks to do this. It's just the personal choice to follow through.

I know personally only the folks that chose to do the work on the e-bike. I only can view from a distance many people riding the greenway behind my house not pedalling whatsoever (it's pan flat) choosing to not do the work. I do not know any of those people personally.

I've definitely seen older people pedaling their ebikes with some effort, and had a conversation with a couple who definitely were doing so because it was more fun to cover the bigger distance for the same effort. I didn't know them, but don't think they were lying.

I don't want an ebike myself, but I don't see anything mysterious about why anyone else would want one regardless of how fit they are. It just means they don't ride for the same purposes I do or at least not the same way I serve that purpose.
Likes For livedarklions: