View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 07:47 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
You did take it wrong, I am in the US, I just don't classify mopeds as bicycles. The class 2 which you are referring to is generally a grey area in a lot of places and while they call them bicycles, they are throttled and a bicycle requires pedaling to move forward. If people want to ride throttled vehicles they should keep to roads for vehicles and off of MUPs and dedicated bicycle lanes and pedestrian paths.
I see you as a huge threat and a threat to your own possible future. Be careful what you want to overregulate.
I am part of a bicycle group that rides three days a week on MUP. There are currently 18 of us and 3 are on regular bikes and 15 on E bicycles. These are all E bicycles that are meant to be pedaled and not throttled and most of them have a throttle. If you eliminated throttle, you would eliminate half of our riding group, mostly those over 80 and put them on the couch. They use the throttle to get up to a good balancing speed and get through the lights before they change. They also find the throttle to be a great stress reliever because they never know when they are just going to bonk. Our rides are 20 miles. The two octogenarians who are against E bicycles in our group often pass or park somewhere to ride a much shorter route. They ride less than half as far as those on their E bicycles, complain more and fall a couple times a season. You would condemn them to a nursing home or make them ride on busy roads if you get your way and yourself when you age out.
Don't tell me it's OK for grandma but not for a 20 something person. You are talking blank across the board with no exceptions. You have no idea what issues you are dealing with when you see someone on an E bicycle not pedaling.
Likes For KPREN: