View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 06:44 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,988 Times in 2,663 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Here, these have throttles as well.

Considering how many "acoustic", human power bikes have caused numerous injuries and deaths in NYC as of late, I believe your "opinion" is archaic, and is the reason why we have so many issues with electric bikes as a whole. Standard cyclists tend to be more dangerous, but your fixation on throttles is what the real problem is. The comical part is the fact throttles are speed limited to 20mph, but the average cyclist riding a road bike tops that most of the time. And my ebikes are the same, but pedaling I hit higher speeds. Do some actual research, as OPINIONS are just that,...
Not saying acoustic bikes can't be a problem on a MUP or elsewhere. Throttles on class 2 mopeds are legally defined as 20mph but still that will be too fast for most MUPs and certainly for pedestrian paths and plenty of faster bikes with throttles going around. And yes I am aware some roadies and triathletes and others use them to go faster sometimes and that is not good either but hopefully we knew that.