View Single Post
Old 10-02-22, 12:20 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
I guess the problem is universal. Cant speak for the US (maybe there it is not a hype yet because of the anyway bigger distances) but here in Europe an additional layer to that is the e-scooter. They appeared in huge masses so quickly that the regulations couldn't even answer on time where should those go.

With the cars I am absolutely pessimistic not only their numbers are going up but thinking about what a chaos one inexperienced driver can cause in a city's life in a low end, weak car, low end electric cars are several times more powerful.

By us the e-bike situation is at least kept in somewhat control (regulation varies per state). If the police catches you with a modified one disabling or changing the regulator you are screwed. And if you cause accident with a modded one insurance doesnt cover anything. Neither the caused damages nor your health needs and then the police penalty of a thousand EURs kick in on top. But in an inner city bike lane the assisted 25 can be killer as well... think about children with bikes. The real e-bikes (+25kmh and/or not only assisted, but can drive without pedaling - and still not an e-motorbike -) need license plates and can't go in the bike lanes as far as I know.

Last edited by Lattz; 10-02-22 at 12:30 PM.
Likes For Lattz: