Old 10-03-22, 09:29 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Liked 1,701 Times in 1,027 Posts
Originally Posted by Branko D
Looking at BRR (I'm a paid member because I like the work they do), the Schwalbe TPU tests closer to Conti race 28 light butyl tube than to, say, Vittoria latex, both at 80 and 100 psi (25c GP5000 S tire). The best were Vredestein latex, but in practice I have had them self destruct with regularity, which I wasn't able to solve.

Went to tubeless in the end.

​​​​​​
Yeah, those results are available to see publicly, is a variance of .8w, and as I said before, does not account for the tesing error range since BRR averages all of the test points across the three different tires, so we could be seeing the tires spoil results, and in fact, almost certainly are since BRR averages all test results— for tires, not just for the tubes— which clearly indicates variability of results. The big question is, what is that error range? .8w? I dunno.

Further, Aerocoach found a full 4w penalty (per pair) for running the same Conti Race Lights BRR tested compared to Aerothan, so pick who you believe, I guess, or just call it “just as fast.” At least Aerocoach is testing in only one tire, so they remove that part of the noise from BRR’s results :