View Single Post
Old 10-05-22, 11:25 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by 55tele
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I'm increasingly frustrated during my daily 10-15 mile rides with folks driving motor vehicles that lack common sense . My biggest peeve is when I'm stopped at a cross street where motor traffic is moving and I am clearly stopped (with one leg down) and these people STOP and want me to cross in front of them. They have the best of intentions but they have now 1) blocked traffic unnecessarily behind them and 2) if I WERE to startup and cross in front of them, I have no confidence in their intentions....
My basic MO when riding is to defer to motor vehicle traffic. I feel far safer let them pass and get out of the way. Many times I have to waive them on...sometimes they just will not go, wanting me to cross in front of them.....This applies many times at 4 way stops......
Very frustrating......I hate dealing with these clueless "do-gooders"...
I hear ya, you're not alone, I too have waived them on. on a rare occasion, I stupidly relented & crossed, only to have another car pass the stopped car on the right, not seeing me & almost hit me. the passing car did not know why the first car stopped & instead of trusting, they just decided to fly by