Old 10-06-22, 06:00 AM
MrJames67 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SpedFast
Please let me know what you think if you try the ones I recommended. Thanks, Smokey
Now that I have them,
1. This is exactly the flasher I've seen occasionally here coming toward me, and which I hoped to find through this thread. It has a fast pulse rate, much much higher than 2 seconds, as I said when I started this thread. That number was from memory. This thing strobes.

2. With the 3.7 battery it really is waaay too bright to oncoming cars if pointed at a driver. Outright disturbing. Especially on wide zoom. I don't think drivers would hit me over it but I can see why they'd want to. And not good for those people who are sensitive to seizures from strobe lights and have drivers licenses.

But, with an ordinary AA Eneloop rechargeable or AA alkaline battery, is still awfully bright -- hence usable in my opinion, although still annoying. Point it such that it's not directly at any oncoming drivers.

It's the most attention-getting bike light I've ever seen. They cannot avoid seeing it. What's interesting is that on a full non-flashing setting, as bright as it is, the strobe seems to increase the perceived brightness level to the viewer.

Here are 3 of them, not knockoffs, genuine Ultrafire ones with Cree bulbs, for $14.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Turned out that my nephew has three of these. He bought them almost ten years ago off Amazon, they came with a charger and two 3.7v batteries. He had 4 but one stopped working. The other three are fine.

Hope this helps. Be cautious with these lights and use good judgment. I definitely want to be seen, especially in the USA, one of the few countries in the world where an auto driver can kill a cyclist while intoxicated, even from behind, and not get put to sleep. Or serve long jail time. Especially when sober, all they have to say in court, accompanied by tears (onion slice in the hankie ploy), "I just didn't SEE him." Boo hoo hoo. American juries and judges swallow this excuse. It may explain but it does not excuse. And doesn't in most countries, when a sober auto driver hits a cyclist from behind.

A red celluloid/piece of photo gel film over the lens would make this small flashlight an ideal rear bike light. At any rate, don't anger drivers with overkill, especially such as on rural roads where I ride with many rednecks in trucks who toss their beer cans out in the ditches. Some of these characters deliberately drive their trucks over woodchucks, possums, turtles, young turkeys for fun and brag about it.

Last edited by MrJames67; 10-06-22 at 07:11 AM.
Likes For MrJames67: