View Single Post
Old 10-12-22, 11:31 AM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
yeah, don't get something w/o image stabilization. I almost can't even watch my old videos unless it was hand-held stuff
btw - I got my Gopro8 pre-owned & refurbed off Amazon. seems to work perfectly
but always nice to upgrade! ;-) ;-)
I had an old Session 4 and the original Fly 6 that didn't have image stabilization and it was okay for the most part as long as the roads were smooth. I don't think for me it's a deal breaker as most of my rides are in the city, or even outside the city, on mainly good smooth paved roads. My issue is that for the price, it should really have it and Garmin's old Virb camera had image stabilization so I am not sure why they didn't include it in the 715.. I assume they could add software stabilization if they wanted via firmware upgrade but not sure.

The video I posted above with the maniac who passed me was using the original Fly 6 without image stabilization and it was only 720p as well..

Another thing drawing me to the 715 is the battery life. Garmin claims 6 hours recording with daytime flash and radar active. Almost all of my rides are under 6 hours so I would not need a USB battery pack.. On my longer rides, when outside of the city and much less traffic, I could run the camera in radar active mode which I assume would eek out more battery life.

I went ahead and ordered it so I assume it will be here next week. Guess I'll be a Guinea Pig and test it out.. I'll have 30-days to return it if it sucks..
Likes For raqball: