Old 10-14-22, 12:18 PM
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts

*MINT* Peter Mooney 58.5cm with Peter White Repaint and Wheels - $1,200 (East Passyunk)

Reed near 8thbicycle frame material: steel
bicycle type: road
frame size: 58.5 cm
make / manufacturer: Peter Mooney
wheel size: 700C
Putting out feelers on this very special, very rare, and very clean Peter Mooney custom. This was repainted by the esteemed Peter White in the 90s and sat in a basement, unridden until 2016 when I purchased it. I have put maybe 100 miles on this bike, and I believe it’s one of the cleanest vintage Mooneys you’ll find.

Peter Mooney is known for his exquisite lugwork and this bike is no exception, although they are a little more subtle than some of the other Mooneys I’ve seen. This speaks for the bike overall, which feature nice subdued maroon paint with a gentle metallic flake. Not sure of the tubing, but I’ve heard Columbus SL suggested as a tubing he used a lot in this era. Mixed group, with Campy and high-end Shimano making up most of it. Awesome Campy Ypsilon/Record wheelset built by Peter White. Velo Orange rear mini-rack. Mixed tires that I threw on to ride it, since the original tires had rotted from not being used. Fresh grease packed in all the bearing sets when I bought the bike.

I’m trying to free up some space and get down to 2-3 bikes, so I’m flirting with selling it. A little too nice to where I’m scared to ride it out - if I was touring I’d probably get something used or modern where I wasn’t going to chip up a beautiful artifact/collectors piece. It slipped against a railing one of the few times I rode it which put some very very mild scratches on one of the fork blades, reference the photos. Feel free to make offers or trades, maybe I’ll bite. No crazy lowballs please, but I am open to negotiating on the price. I may end up putting new tires/going whole-hog on restoring it and being firmer on price, but I’m open to entertaining offers before putting more work into it
Likes For KonAaron Snake: