Old 10-15-22, 02:33 PM
RoadWearier

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
My suggestion would be, since you're going to get a fitting, level the saddle first, and set the saddle height by putting your heel on the pedal at the most extreme reach, and set the saddle so your leg is straight. This will put you in the ballpark for saddle height, assuming you put the ball of your foot over the pedal spindle - in the first pic your leg looks too straight at the bottom of the stroke.

Then ride it a bit, just a couple miles maybe, today and tomorrow, to see how that feels. Then go ride with your friends on Monday, and take note of what feels "off". That'll help with the fitting.

I think that the frame will work for you. In the first picture, you look really upright, like the bike is way too short front-to-back, but your leg is too straight at full extesion, which makes me suspect that MAYBE you have shorter legs and longer torso.
You are spot on. I have pretty short legs and a long torso. So maybe it will work time will tell. Maybe I'll ride after Tennessee beats Alabama today