Old 10-18-22, 02:13 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 503 Posts
Originally Posted by bwilli88
My Doc is been in the field of Prostate health for 30+ years and has quite a few studies on prostates and.
He said that a normal prostate is hidden behind the perineal muscles, a normally a very strong muscle particularly with cyclists, and it is only a problem if the bike does not fit, potentially causing inflammation, or there is another underlying factor, BHP for example.
I know he has in the works a planned study of cyclists who have BHP or have a normal prostate to try to understand effects or not of both long-term riding or consistent long-distance riding.
So I am staying with him.
His Name is Paul Seiber from Lancaster, PA
As with many things in life -- “You say potato, I say pot-ah-to.” My PCa - Prostate Cancer Doctor has 40+ years dealing with cancers and 30+ years specializing in PCa treatment and development of medical equipment/techniques/immunotherapy for treating PCa. His take is that riding a bike can indeed affect the health of one's Prostate.